Attention Current 6th & 7th grade GATE Parents,
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for our current 6th & 7th grade students to sign up for next year’s Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI). It is important to note this is a Parent-Funded Camp.
CIMI Trip Deadlines (Click Here to download)
- Students wishing to attend next year’s CIMI trip must download, complete and submit the GATE Trip Commitment Form from the following link.
- Commitment form and trip deposit of $80 is due to the office before Friday, June 1, 2018.
- Due to limited space registered students will be selected through a lottery process with a priority bias made for future eighth grade students. If we receive more than 100 registered students a wait list will be developed based upon the lottery number assigned.
(Please note: we will only deposit checks for selected students after the lottery process is complete.)
- Scheduled Trip Dates: Friday, October 19, 2018 through Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Check-in time is 8:30 A.M. at Catalina Classic Cruises (Parent drop off at boat launch)
- Drop-off Address: 1046 Queens Hwy, Long Beach
- Boats return to Long Beach around 2:00-2:30 pm on Sunday. (Parents pick at the boat launch)
- Deposit fee for each participant is $80 (non-refundable)
CIMI Trip Deadlines
Friday, June 1, 2018 - Payment #1 of $80 is due to the office (full payment is also acceptable)
Commitment Form Due to office
Payment #2 of $100 is due by Friday, June 15, 2018 - $180 total in trip account.
Payment #3 of $100 is due Friday, September 28, 2018 - $280 total in trip account. . (Medical Form Due)
CIMI Map & Essential Items Handout (Click HERE)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our office (310) 533-4495.
CIMI “Fox Landing” Teacher's Guide (Great info, maps, activity summaries) http://cimioutdoored.org/
Principal, Bert Lynn Middle School