Information Meeting (Band Room, 5:30pm Tuesday, May, 31th before our Open House)
CIMI Details (GATE Camp cost: $275)
Attention Current 6th & 7th grade GATE Parents,
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for our current 6th & 7th grade students to sign up for next year’s Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI trip to “Fox Landing”). It is important to note this is a Parent-Funded Camp.
CIMI Trip Deadlines
· Students wishing to attend next year’s CIMI trip must download, complete and submit the GATE Trip Commitment Form from the following link.(Click Here to download)
· Commitment form and trip deposit of $75 is due to the office before Friday, June 3, 2016.
· Due to limited space registered students will be selected through a lottery process with a priority bias made for future eighth grade students (current 7th grade students). If we receive more than 108 registered students a wait list will be developed based upon the lottery number assigned.
· (Please note: we will only deposit checks for selected students after the lottery process is complete.)
· Scheduled Trip Dates: Friday, September 30, 2016 – Sunday, October 2, 2016
· Check-in time is 8:30 A.M. at Catalina Classic Cruises (Parent drop off at boat launch)
· Drop-off Address: 1046 Queens Hwy, Long Beach
· Boats return to Long Beach around 2:00-2:30 pm on Sunday. (Parents pick at the boat launch)
· Deposit fee for each participant is $75 (non-refundable)
CIMI Trip Deadlines
· Friday, June 3, 2016 - Payment #1 of $75 is due to the office (full payment is also acceptable)
Commitment Form Due to office (Click Here to download)
· Friday, June 17, 2016 - Payment #2 of $100 is due $175 total in trip account.
· Friday, September 16, 2016- Payment #3 of $100 is due - $275 total in trip account. (Medical Form Due)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our office (310) 533-4495.
CIMI “Fox Landing” Teacher's Guide (Great info, maps, activity summaries)
Principal, Bert Lynn Middle School